Following strategic discussions, the BDA Benevolent Fund has outlined the following as their values:
- A generosity of spirit towards potential and current applicants, our beneficiaries and our colleagues.
- Being flexible to changing circumstances.
- Being professional in our approach to our work.
- Being compliant with high governance standards.
- Ensuring the Charity is a first-rate employer
- Providing proper protection for our Trustees.
- Taking care of donations.
- Using our resources wisely to ensure we help as many people effectively as possible.
- Using evidence to support our actions where possible.
- Respecting confidentiality whilst providing full information for decision making.
- Providing our assistance in a timely fashion.
- Endeavouring to co-operate with partner organisations.
If you are interested in seeing any of the following policies, please contact us and we would be happy to forward them on –
Archive and record retention, Assessment of risks, Business Continuity Plan, Complaints, Confidentiality, Conflict of interest, Disciplinary, Equal opportunities, Expenses, Grant and loan-making, Grievance, Investment and reserves, Loan and legal charge protocol, Lone working, Membership, Safeguarding, Staff Handbook, Standing financial instructions
We also have the following Role Descriptions – Chairman, Patron, Treasurer, Trustee, Vice-Chairman, Vice-Presidents