Request our help
Please email or call us on 020 7486 4994 to discuss whether you may be eligible for our help and to request an application form. All requests are considered in confidence. You can also download the Application form directly by clicking on the link. Please read these Guidance Notes before completing the form.
When we receive your completed form with supporting documentation, [assuming this confirms you are eligible for help], we will:
- Check if we need any further information from you
- Prepare a report on your application
- Consider your application at one of our bi-monthly Trustee meetings
- You may also be visited by our General Manager or a Trustee
If you know of someone who might benefit from our assistance, please pass on our details.
- You must have little in the way of income or savings and be unable to support yourself financially due to unexpected hardship, unemployment, illness, disability or because you are over state retirement age.
- You must have at some time been registered with the General Dental Council as a dentist, or a student at a UK dental school, or be a dependent of a dentist (i.e. a partner, spouse, widow or child).
- You must be living in the UK.
The types of financial assistance we offer can vary from individual to individual but we have recently supported people with the following:
- Regular monthly grants towards day-to-day living costs (utility bills, food, and housekeeping etc)
- One-off assistance to meet a specific need
- Back-to-work funding for those returning to work following a period of illness; including help with retraining costs and professional fees (ARF, indemnity, CPD etc)
The BDA Benevolent Fund is an independent charity and you do not need to be a member of the British Dental Association to receive support.
Have a look at some of our real-life testimonials to see how we have supported others.
Who we help and how we can help
We provide a range of financial support for dental students, dentists, and their dependents. Each case is dealt with on an individual basis and the assistance we provide is tailored to each person’s needs.
“Once your payments ceased [upon my return to work] I never got back to you to express my gratitude to your organisation for its support for the months it gave me a grant. There aren’t really adequate words to describe how much difference your support meant to me.
You were a great support to me and I would like to thank you for your help and professionalism throughout the whole affair. Having a kind, sympathetic and understanding ear made a big difference.”
What we are unable to help with
Unfortunately, our remit doesn’t extend to providing financial support for other dental registrants (unless they are a dependent of a dentist). Other charities can help and you may find the grant search on Turn2us is useful.
We cannot provide financial support if you have significant savings, if your income significantly exceeds your expenditure or if you are requesting help towards the cost of certain items, including:
- Private healthcare and medical insurance
- Private or higher education fees or expenditure
- Legal/ court fees (with the exception of bankruptcy)
- Payments to HMRC
- Repaying loans from family and friends
- Business debts
All correspondence will be kept confidential and only be seen by those involved with the charity for the processing and any subsequent decisions. Personal records are kept in accordance with our Retention policy.